An SFG Kettlebell
An SFG Kettlebell Instructor candidate performs a 2-hand kettlebell swing for correction/critique...
Standards to look for:
1. The back is neutral. The neck is slightly extended or neutral on the bottom of the swing.
2. The heels, toes, and the balls of the feet are planted and the knees track the toes.
3. The shoulders are packed.
4. The kettlebell handle passes above the knees during the backswing.
5. The arms are straight in the bottom position.
6. There is no forward knee movement (increasing ankle dorsiflexion) on the upswing.
7. The body forms a straight line on the top of the swing: the hips and knees extend fully, the spine is neutral.
8. The kettlebell forms an extension of the straight arm(s) at the top of the swing. A slight elbow bend is acceptable.
9. The biomechanical breathing match.
10. The abs and glutes visibly contract at the top of the swing.
11. The kettlebell floats momentarily on the top of the swing.
More information about the SFG Certification: http://www.strongfirst.com/faqs/sfg-kettlebell-instructor-certification/
Learn how to swing properly at a day-long SFG Course: http://www.strongfirst.com/sfg-kettlebell-course/
His technique was so perfect I can see exactly what I need to do to improve my technique on this exercise. Great video!
I'm trying to do this work out the right way I've watched a few videos and have tried but not sure how to do quite right
I could do pistol squats, stair sprints, sumo holds and lateral lunges. But this exercise and leg extensions fuck my knees it makes no sense
This is how I dry my nuts...
A proper kettlebell swing
A proper kettlebell swing is not a slow front raise combined with a squat. It's an explosive movement involving a hip hinge. At the bottom of the movement, the shins are near vertical, the spine is long, and the shoulders are set down and back. At the top, hips and knees extend and you're standing upright. As for the movement in action, the kettlebell swing is decidedly simple: explode from bottom position to top position.
Excellent technique ?♀️?♂️
you are beautiful my dear and have a beautiful swing!!!
nice form but look up I'd get dizzy like that.
Thumbs up for good form - useful to see this!